Monday, August 11, 2008

My Little Girl

On Saturday, we celebrated Vanessa's 11th Birthday. When she woke up Saturday morning I asked her how she felt. To which she replied "old". LOL. As is our family tradition the person of the day decides where we eat and what we do. This year Vanessa wanted to go to Grandma's house first (to open presents), then do lunch instead of dinner. After lunch and school shopping we headed off to Santa Cruz beach boardwalk. It is hard to believe that my little girl is growing up. She is such a blessing. She is very kind, funny, unique, loving and smart. I feel privileged to be her mother and have enjoyed watching her grow into her own little self.

6 comments:

iluv2prshim said...

Happy Birthday, "Miss America". I love you and I am so proud of the the young lady you are becoming. Hope your day was FANTASTIC!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tina. Do you feel she's growing up right before your very eyes?!

Vanessa, you are such an awesome girl! Glad your birthday was fun. Sing with me again sometime, k? Love you LOTS! Sis. Tena

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite girls! Love you Ness! Sis Noel will bring you a lil sumthin sumthin on Sunday. You are raising a queen and kings in the kingdom of God Sis Tena.. Love you, Sis Noel
PS....Ness,
We are going to start Children's choir so get ready to sing a solo girlfriend!! Sis Noel

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Vanessa!

Yikes, 11 - Tina I can't believe it!

It looked like she had a wonderful birthday, well deserved!

I especially like the picture of her sleeping/dreaming, priceless!

Love you, Mindy

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Special Prayer Request to all fellow bloggers.
Please see my latest blog for a call to prayer for baby Luke.
Thank you and God Bless you..
Sis Noel from Hollister

Anonymous said...

Tina, I'm waiting - getting impatient - for a new post. Please, please, please post!

You can tell all about your Oklahoma trip. :) Love you!