Sunday, August 3, 2008

Philippians 4:8

Perspective: the science of painting and drawing so that objects represented have apparent depth and distance; the aspect in which a subject or its parts are mentally viewed.

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about how different our perspectives are and how they vary so widely between individuals. I do not want to live as an ostrich with my head in the sand, but my desire is to be able to paint a picture of hope, beauty, delight, and happiness concerning my future and that of others. It takes no effort or talent to tear down, destroy, and to think only about the worst in something or someone (God forbid).

How are you mentally viewing things? Do you find yourself always talking about the negative or are you looking for positives in all situations and people? Do I have my moments? Sure, and thankfully, I have a husband, and a wonderful Friend, who keep me grounded.

So, today, I choose to think on ; whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise think on these things.

4 comments:

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Hi Sis Tena! Thank you for your nice comments. It was nice to see you stopped by...
I always try to see past the fault and see the need because thats what Jesus does for us.
Its so easy to see the wrong but what about trying to understand why it isnt right? My prayer is for God to help me see everyone through his eyes. Its a much better view.
God Bless..
Sis Noel

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I love your photo album. I never took at look at it til now. Especially the giraffe pictures. My favorite. Some people have a knack for taking pictures. Your one of them.

Anonymous said...

wonderfully said.....little cricket (I think that is so cute. ) As for your blog thoughts............... thinking about positive thoughts ALWAYS brings positive results......

Anonymous said...

Sorry Tina....... it's me Liz... that left the last commet of being positive. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY LUV LIZ