Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What Matters Most

Lately I have been thinking a lot about what matters the most to me. Isn’t it funny how this usually happens after the death of a loved one? Why do we not appreciate what we have when we have it? Why does it take a death in the family or some sort of tragedy in our life to happen in order for us to stop & smell the roses? I love my family very much. I have a wonderful husband. He is my all, my very best friend. We have been together for 19 years. Sure, we had to go through our growing up years together and there have been hard times, but that is what has made us what we are today. My kids are great. They are friendly, curious, rambunctious, extremely busy, and they love God. I would not have them any other way. I am so thankful for my family and how God has kept us and blessed us. I am also thankful for my friends. They know just what you need when you need it. I have a great life. I cannot complain. Take some time out of your busy schedule to spend time with your loved ones. Sit down and talk to them. Give them your undivided attention. Those dishes, clothes, and other household chores can wait. Today, let your loved ones know now how important they are to you.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Well said Tina! Your sincere words have stirred me to appreciate my family more. Thanks, love you ~ Mindy

iluv2prshim said...

Tina, No truer words have been spoken. I love how you and Kirk love and appreciate your children. :)

onepromised said...

Tina,
I am so glad I was able to see your cute blog.How interesting this works,anyway Have a wonderful week..............Of course without my miho HAHA!!!
Until later gater..........Oky doky................
Love
Liz