Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good Bye For Now

Yesterday, my Grandfather Fred L. Stites passed away. He was a great man to me. He has been a constant in my life. I have many, many great childhood memories of us being together and doing fun things. One of these memories that immediately come to mind is that he and I used to love to play slap jack. He would get so much enjoyment out of the fact that this little girl of ten could not catch his hand fast enough before he moved it away. He spoiled me rotten. There was never any wrong I could do in his eyes and I must say that is exactly how I feel about him. He was an avid gun collector. He loved to fish, ride horses, and hunt. He was most comfortable at home in Oklahoma with his brothers and sisters. There is not enough space, nor time to tell you all about this man that I called Grandpa. I thank God he gave me such a caring and ever present grandparent. He will be missed terribly.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Tina,

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa passing. I know you loved him dearly. I am praying God will comfort you and your family.

Love & prayers,
Mindy

Anonymous said...

Oh, Tina, I too, am so sorry about your loss. You and Kirk did so much for him - loved him, visited him in the nursing home, had him baptized, and told him many times how much Jesus loved him. I admire your love for him.

I am glad I knew him, too, just a little. When we'd visit Len's mom in the same nursing home, we'd always go say "hello" to Fred, too. I seemed to always say something that would make him cry and then I'd have to try to cheer him up. You would tell me not to worry about it, because he cried very easily. He was so sweet and lovable.

You, your mom and your family are in our prayers.

iluv2prshim said...

Tina, I wish I could have known your Grandfather. He sounds like an incredible person. If he was anything like you I know he would be easy to love.
You have been in my thoughts and prayers even though my sisters have been here this week.
I love you very much.

Anonymous said...

Tina, I just want to say that I thought your grandpa's funeral was beautiful. Kirk was so anointed when he spoke and people felt God's Spirit and didn't even recognize it as such. But their hearts were touched and we don't know what wonderful things God is going to bring to pass due to His touch on their lives yesterday.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you and I'm looking forward (patiently) to your next post. :)

Welcome said...

When I started blogging I did not want to be one of those people that left you hanging..Sorry :)