Saturday, December 13, 2008

God's Mercy

I've said it, you've said it and it's preached; Without God's mercy where would we be. Do you think there is a point when the Lord has had enough and mercy is removed from us? I have been in a place where God allowed me to feel what it was like: without his presence, mercy, forgiveness, hope, etc.; but I will get to that later. Sis. Hurst posted a blog that touched me deeply http://iluv2prshim.wordpress.com/ and as I sit here writing this post I am consumed, overwhelmed with tears of sadness and thankfulness. You see, the Lord knocked on our hearts door in 92' shortly after Marcus was born. Kirk met Bro. John Berrera at his work, who set him up with a bible study with Bro. & Sis. Robert Espinosa. I was 20; young, dumb and with child; and completely and totally weak. We had our bible study and even invited my cousin over; however, I can tell you that even to this day there was nothing I heard that made a difference in my heart, at that time. Why? It is because I was not willing to give up some things in my life. I had to change and was not willing to. God's creation can be so stubborn and stiff necked. I was and I turned off the word of God and the man God placed in our life to lead us to his truth. My cousin did not. She accepted the word of God and so began her journey walking with the Lord. What became of us? Hell on earth, is how I can only describe it. The thing that gets me is that it did not have to be so, had we just surrendered our will to the Lord's. I believe he was trying to spare us from the things we went through. Needless to say my cousin later told us that just when she was about to give up on us; stop inviting, stop praying I came to the Lord. For me it was the preached word and a desperate desire for forgiveness that I knew only God could give. The preacher laid it out and said, Do you want your son to go to hell because of your sins and immediately I knew this was truth and desired change not only for me, but for my innocent child; who was now 3. To the altar I went and asked God for forgiveness. I will never ever forget the wonderful feeling of peace and love; true God given love. I received his glorious gift and while speaking in tongues my cousin asked me if I wanted to get baptized. Immediately, there was a struggle between my flesh and mind versus my spiritual man. My flesh and mind was yelling NO, NO, don't do it. Right then I felt God's presence removed from me. Despite everyone around me I was in place, state of mind if you will, that was void of any emotions, hopeless, dark, destitute, lonely and empty. There are really no adjectives that can do justice to what I experienced. After realizing what it would feel like without God in my life, I made up my mind and said, "Yes,yes I will" and have never looked back since. I know without a doubt had I said no I would have missed my opportunity to be saved and I would have been lost forever. I am completely and totally sold out to serving the Lord and honestly desire his will above all else. Can mercy be removed from us? I believe for me it would have been.

I urge you, please don't stop praying and inviting loved ones and friends to church. So what if they reject you and when it looks like they are at their worst rejoice and praise God. Don't mumble, complain, or look down upon them, because such was some of us. You cannot give up. You don't know when they just might say yes and forever be changed.

4 comments:

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Sis I couldnt agree with you more. I prayed for my good friend for years. Gods mercy is what finally brought him through those church doors. I couldnt imagine where I would be today if God had not had mercy on my soul. I have often wondered if God would stop having mercy on me and for whatever reason He has never run out where I am concerned. I dont deserve any of it but Im so very thankful for His mercy that the word of God says is everlasting. I cherish His mercy on my life.. Love u

Mindy said...

Wow Tina, what a wonderful testimony! What a scary, dark, hurtful place it is without God. I too have been in a place where I didn't feel the mercies of God. It was a turning point for me too!

"How precious, how lovely are your thoughts oh Lord toward me. How truly amazing is the grace that you have shown."

Thanks for sharing your heart.

Anonymous said...

Tina, you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Tina, I hope, "Blogging more often" is on your list of New Year's resolutions! :-) Hee, hee.